1. Who are we?
Virtual1 Ltd is a leading wholesale network operator.
This policy explains:
- How we collect information about you both directly and indirectly.
- What information we collect and then how use it to meet your needs.
- Who we share your information with.
- How long we keep your information for.
- How you can update or access any personal information we hold about you.
3. How do we collect information about you?
We collect information directly from you when you are asked to provide personal details about yourself, including but not limited to when you:
- purchase products or services from us;
- register to become a customer;
- submit enquiries to us or contact us;
- enter any promotions;
- use Virtual1 Ltd products and Services;
- take part in market research; and/or
- when you terminate your account with us.
We collect information indirectly from you when you use the Services, including but not limited to when you:
- visit or browse our websites;
We collect information about you from other sources, including but not limited to:
- credit reference agencies;
- fraud prevention agencies; and
- business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources.
4. What personal information do we collect?
We collect such information as:
- your name;
- billing address;
- delivery address;
- telephone number;
- how you conduct and manage your account(s) with us, such as, but not limited to details of your on-going payments and transactions;
- debit or credit card details, banking details and other payment information;
5. What do we use your personal information for?
We will use the information to:
- Provide you with the services you have asked for.
- Offer you accounts, services and products.
- Help run, and contact you about improving the way we run, any accounts, services and products we have provided before, now or in the future.
- Create statistics, test computer systems, analyse customer information, create profiles and create marketing opportunities (including using information about what you buy from us and how you pay for it).
- Help prevent and detect debt, fraud and loss.
- Help train our staff.
- Contact you about products and services we and our selected partners are offering.
We may also use and analyse information about you in order to:
- Supply services and products that you have ordered.
- Contact you if necessary.
- Verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes.
- Arrange for payment of goods or services purchased.
- Inform you of any service related message or of any new services or functionality (eg the introduction of a new service).
- assist us with crime and fraud prevention such as to check your identity.
- assist you with any product or services enquiries, including the investigation and resolution of service affecting issues and dealing with any billing queries you may have.
- investigate any complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us.
- market our products and services generally send information to you about our products and Services from time to time by phone, post, email, or other means.
- inform you of any products and Services offered by other companies that we think may be of interest to you, provided that you choose to receive this information.
- process your application if you apply for a job with us online.
- debt tracing, debt recovery, credit management and crime, fraud and money laundering detection and prevention.
6. Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
Personal information collected by us may be disclosed to organisations:
- involved in providing, managing or administering a customer’s product or services
- that are a customer’s legal representative
- authorised by law, including government or regulatory body
We will only provide to third parties in accordance with our privacy statement. Upon request, we shall stop providing such personal information, unless such disclosure is required to (a) provision, bill and collect for the services requested or (b) by law.
7. How long do we keep your personal information for?
The time period for which we keep information varies according to what the information is used for. In some cases, there are legal requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
Security of Communications
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as e-mails and Webmails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
10. How can I find out what information Virtual1 Ltd holds about me?
You have the right to see a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We may charge a small fee for providing a copy of any information we hold about you. If you would like to do so, please send your request to:
6th Floor Alphabeta
14-18 Finsbury Square
London EC2A 1BR
If you would like us to remove your information from our databases, or stop sending you marketing material, please send a request by email to: email@example.com